Fluffy, Protein Packed Banana Pancakes
Finding delicious and nutritious breakfasts the whole family will love is difficult, but this recipe is a low stress way to get a little extra protein and classic superfoods incorporated in to the most important meal of the day.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp almond/nut/seed butter
- Sift dry ingredients together into large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas (if using frozen bananas let stand for 5 minutes to melt)
- Add remaining wet ingredients to banana mixture
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until well blended. Due to the bananas the mixture will be a little lumpy. This usually takes about a minute by hand.
- Heat non-stick frying pan to medium heat or griddle to medium-high heat.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, add pancake mixture to cooking surface.
- Leave to cook until bubbles form and the pancake shows signs of solidifying on the exposed surface, then flip.
- Let the other side cook for about a minute, then remove from heat.
- Serve on their own, or with berries, yogurt and/or agave.
If you've enjoyed this recipe, please consider passing it along using the share buttons above. And consider joining our email list. We'll send you once-in-a-while updates chock-full of great health and lifestyle tips sprinkled with inspiration and discounts on cool stuff!
© 2019 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved