Protein Packed Cauliflower Mash
Love mash potatoes but wish they were more nutritionally productive? Your wish has come true. This cauliflower mash recipe is loaded with nutrients and protein to feed your body post-workout.
Rich in Vitamin C, calcium, iron, protein and B vitamins - supporting your active lifestyle has never tasted so good!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, rough chopped
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 scoop unfavored whey protein powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- pepper to taste
- Rough chop cauliflower and put into microwave safe container with 1 tsp of water
- cover and cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes
- Drain water from cauliflower
- using a potato masher or emulsion blender cream cauliflower
- microwave for an additional 4 minutes, uncovered
- Drain any remaining fluid
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the cauliflower and mash/blend until it reaches desired consistency.
To make your mash a more starchy consistency add an additional scoop of whey protein powder.
If you've enjoyed this recipe, please consider passing it along using the share buttons above. And consider joining our email list. We'll send you once-in-a-while updates chock-full of great health and lifestyle tips sprinkled with inspiration and discounts on cool stuff!
© 2018 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved