Creamy Cauliflower Soup
I discovered this recipe 3 years ago, during a period of my life when my wife and I were attempting to eat more healthy meals, however it has stuck as a family favorite ever since. Despite being simple and low calorie, it is an extremely tasty soup, that even my kids get excited about. The secret to this recipes success is the nutritional yeast, which adds a cheesy richness and nutrition boost, without a lot of extra calories.
If you are looking to add some carbs, I suggest serving it with some garlic or focaccia bread, and if you are looking to add some extra protein, salt+pepper BBQ chicken is a great.
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil or butter
- 1 medium to large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated (for best result use microplane)
- 4 cups of chicken stock (for best results use Better Than Bouillon, Chicken Base)
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp medium-course fresh ground pepper (optional)
- Melt oil/butter in large pot
- add onions and cook for 2 minutes
- add stock, cauliflower and ginger
- cook for 20 minutes
- Pure until reaches desired consistency. I prefer mostly smooth with small nuggets of cauliflower. Hint: for fewer dishes try using an emulsion blender
- Season with nutritional yeast, salt and pepper
If you've enjoyed this recipe, please consider passing it along using the share buttons above. And consider joining our email list. We'll send you once-in-a-while updates chock-full of great health and lifestyle tips sprinkled with inspiration and discounts on cool stuff!
© 2019 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved