Antioxidant Packed Cherry Chia Juice, for Endurance and Strength
Chia seeds are amazing. They absorb water into a gel along the surface of the seed increasing their size by up to 10 times. The gel then becomes a time released source of hydration. But that isn't the best thing about chia seeds, they are in fact nutritionally dense, packed with loads of protein and healthy fats that help fuel your body during long bouts of exercise.
Combine chia seeds with beet powder, which over the last 3 years has gained much recognition (especially in the cycling community), for increasing endurance, performance and aiding in recovery, and you have an antioxidant packed drink fit for athletes.
Cherry juice is an excellent anti-inflammatory and is a great source of potassium - a key electrolyte, necessary after a tough workout. Down some of this juice before your next WOD, sprint, or ride. Your body will thank you. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 tbsp beet powder (or 1 scoop of beta red)
- Warm water for 20 seconds in microwave safe container (I recommend a mason jar)
- add chia seeds to warm water
- stir with spoon, or seal container and shake, for 30-90 seconds until chia seeds are no longer clumped
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, until chia mixture is a thick gel
- Mix juice and beet powder until fully absorbed.
- Combine juice and gel, and stir/shake until blended.
If you've enjoyed this recipe, please consider passing it along using the share buttons above. And consider joining our email list. We'll send you once-in-a-while updates chock-full of great health and lifestyle tips sprinkled with inspiration and discounts on cool stuff!
© 2021 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved