Healthy Patriotic Popsicles
Let's be honest, July 4th is all about eating. In fact, a whopping 74 million Americans are planning a barbecue for the Fourth!
These Healthy Patriotic Popsicles are all things festive, and yet a breeze to throw together. Serve your guests a refreshing treat you can feel good about this Independence Day.
- 1 heaping cup raspberries
- 1.5 tsp powdered stevia, divided (more or less depending how sweet your berries are; or you can use any sweetener you like)
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- Using a food processor or blender, puree raspberries and 1/2 tsp of Stevia (1 packet) until smooth. Pour 1/3 of the raspberry puree into the popsicle molds. Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid.
- Combine the coconut milk, 1/2 tsp of Stevia (1 packet), and vanilla. Mix well. Freeze for 10 minutes, or until the mixture has a slushy consistency.
- Remove from freezer and insert wooden popsicle sticks. Tip: Make sure to get the stick just into the frozen layer so the pops will stand straight. Put back into the freezer until solid (approximately 20 minutes).
- Using a food processor or blender, puree blueberries and 1/2 tsp of Stevia (1 packet) until smooth. Fill molds with blueberry puree just be sure not to go over the "fill" line!
- Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Chef's tip: If you experience difficulty removing popsicles from the mold, dip the (briefly) the bottom of the mold in warm water.
If you've enjoyed this recipe, please consider passing it along using the share buttons above. And consider joining our email list. We'll send you once-in-a-while updates chock-full of great health and lifestyle tips sprinkled with inspiration and discounts on cool stuff!
© 2020 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved