Savory Low Carb Mexican Slaw
Is there anything better than a summer slaw?
This coleslaw with a twist recipe is easy to whip up and the perfect BBQ side. With just a pinch of heat it's also the perfect complement to pulled pork sandwiches. Whatever the case, this Mexican slaw is a crowd pleaser.
Note: we use Primal Kitchen Mayo Products in an effort to avoid nasty fillers, trans fats, and soy. You can sub regular mayo and simply add 1 tsp. chipotle seasoning.
Low Carb Mexican Slaw Ingredients
- 1/2 head green cabbage, sliced thin or shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, sliced thin or shredded
- 1 cup whole milk
- Juice of one lime
- 3/4 cup Chipotle Lime Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise
- 3/4 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/3 tsp. salt (adjust to taste if needed)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Shred or thin slice cabbage
- Rough chop cilantro and add to sliced cabbage, reserving 1/4 the cilantro
- Combine milk, lime juice, mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in bowl. Whisk well.
- In a large bowl pour slaw dressing over cabbage and 3/4 the cilantro, stirring to combine
- Let favors merry in fridge for a minimum of four hours before serving
- Remove from fridge, give slaw a healthy stir, and garnish with remaining cilantro
Looking for more great sides? Try our Creamy Cauliflower & Egg Salad - its delicious!
If you've enjoyed this recipe, please consider passing it along using the share buttons above. And consider joining our email list. We'll send you once-in-a-while updates chock-full of great health and lifestyle tips sprinkled with inspiration and discounts on cool stuff!
© 2018 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved