Shoyu Zoodle Ramen
Who doesn't like a good bowl of ramen? I know I do, and I love to indulge every now and then, however those dried noodles and little packets of flavour seldom provide adequate nutrition especially for those of us who are highly active. That is why I love this zoodle ramen recipe, it is packed with electrolytes, energy enhancing vitamins and protein that will sate those noodle cravings and fuel your body.
Best of all, this little dish is a crowd pleaser, be it kids, wife or friends... they always go back for seconds.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken soup base, Better Than Bouillon *
- 3 oz shiitaki mushrooms
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 soft boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- protein of your choice** (optional)
- 3 large zucchini squash
* Sub chicken bone broth an additional 30g+ protein, or miso for a vegetarian/vegan option
** I personally love grilled medium rare tri-tip steaks, however pork is the traditional ramen protein. If you want extra vegetarian protein, add some tofu or a grilled portobello mushroom.
- Soft boil 3 eggs, and slice them into halves.
- Prepare protein
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Saute until soft.
- add soup base, soy sauce, mirin, mushrooms, and nutritional yeast. Bring to boil and stir until well blended.
- Salt and pepper soup to taste.
- Using a mandolin or a spirillizer, julienne the zucchini into noodles
- Drop zucchini into soup and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve soup, and top with egg, protein and scallions
If you've enjoyed this recipe, please consider passing it along using the share buttons above. And consider joining our email list. We'll send you once-in-a-while updates chock-full of great health and lifestyle tips sprinkled with inspiration and discounts on cool stuff!
© 2021 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved