Don't hate us.
Our last "It Takes How Many Burpees" article performed so well it inspired us to create a holiday version. Of course, the holiday season is all about celebrating and indulging—in moderation, but these numbers may be just what you need to sip and eat smart during the holiday season.
If burpees were on holiday favorite nutrition labels instead of caloric counts it would look something like this. #sorrynotsorry
This is How Many Burpees it Takes to Burn Off That Holiday Food
On average, for one minute of burpees done correctly (most people do between 10 and 20), you'll burn 10 calories. Using this standard of measurement this is how your holiday favorites stack up.
- Candy cane (60 calories): 6 minutes of burpees
- Glass of prosecco (90 calories): 9 minutes of burpees
- 5-ounce glass of red wine (115 calories): 11.5 minutes of burpees
- Candied yams (119 calories): 12 minutes of burpees
- Green bean casserole (142 calories): 14 minutes of burpees
- Slice of fruitcake (175 calories): 17.5 minutes of burpees
- Craft beer (200 calories): 20 minutes of
- Glass of eggnog (224 calories): 22 minutes of burpees
- Sausage stuffing (245 calories): 24.5 minutes of burpees
- Creamy spinach dip (280 calories): 28 minutes of burpees
- Slice of pumpkin pie (316 calories): 31.5 minutes of burpees
- Hot buttered run (350 calories): 35 minutes of burpees
- White Russian (355 calories): 35.5 minutes of burpees
- Gingerbread latte (360 calories): 36 minutes of burpees
- Cinnamon roll (420 calories): 42 minutes of burpees
- Chocolate martini (440 calories): 44 minutes of burpees
- Slice of pecan pie (500 calories): 50 minutes of burpees
- Peppermint white chocolate mocha (540 calories): 54 minutes of burpees
You work hard day in and day out to be able to indulge every once in awhile, so don't go crazy with the numbers. However, if you're looking for a little motivation to keep your waistline in check this holiday season, just remember how many burpees it'll take to work off that treat. They're enough to make us
cry cringe, for sure.
Can't get enough of the burpee/nutrition mash-up. Check out this article to learn how many burpees it takes to burn off these popular, guilty pleasures.
© 2020 AMRAP Life All Rights Reserved